Dhangar Reservation Protest : The Dhangar community is witnessing a violent turn in the march taken out on behalf of the entire Dhangar community for the implementation of Scheduled Tribe reservation and other major demands. During this march, the Collector did not come down to accept the statement, so the agitation became aggressive. At this time, the protesters tried to enter the collector’s office through the gate. Also this time there has been stormy stone pelting. Therefore, there is an atmosphere of tension in the collectorate area, and efforts are being made by the police to bring the situation under control.
On behalf of the entire Dhangar community, a march was taken out at the collector office at 11 am today for the implementation of Scheduled Tribe reservation to the Dhangar community and other major demands. In which, this march was to be held on behalf of the entire Dhangar community in the district. The march started from Gandhi Chaman and reached the Collectorate via Shani Mandir, Flyover, Nutan Vasahat, Ambad Chauphuli. The march then turned into a meeting and the leaders gave their speeches. After the speech, some people demanded the Collector to come down and take a statement. But, because the collector did not come down, it is being alleged that some youth became aggressive. Also, the aggressive youths directly entered the collector’s office and started vandalizing. An atmosphere of tension has been created as a large crowd entered the collector’s office.
‘These’ are the demands…
- Scheduled Tribe (ST) reservation should be implemented for the Dhangar community
- Space should be made available for Punyashlok Ahilya Devi Holkar memorial in Ambad Chauphuli area of the city
- Caste wise census should be done
- Arms licenses should be given to shepherds, forests should be reserved for grazing sheep
- Ten thousand crores should be given to Sheli Mendhi Development Corporation
- Free hostel should be provided to the students of Dhangar community in every district
- A government job should be given to one of the family members of the community members who were martyred in the reservation struggle
- Loans should be given at concessional rates through the government
- Demands such as cancellation of privatization in all sectors have been mentioned.
Other Important News:
First the Marathas, then the OBCs and now the ‘Mahamorcha’ in Jalna for Dhangar reservation.