Parkash Singh Badal The health of Parkash Singh Badal, a five-time CM of Punjab and the head of Shiromani Akali Dal, has deteriorated. He is 94 years old. He has been admitted in PGI Chandigarh.
JNN, Chandigarh. Five-time CM of Punjab and veteran leader of the country, Parkash Singh Badal’s health deteriorated on Sunday. He has been admitted to PGI Chandigarh. He has been admitted to the Advanced Cardiac Center of PGI. Badal has difficulty in breathing and complains of chest pain. He is being treated by a team of doctors under the leadership of Professor Yashpal Sharma, Head of the Department of Cardiology.
In July also, Badal was admitted to PGI. Then he complained of chest pain. Badal is 94 years old and is the head of Shiromani Akali Dal.
Parkash Singh Badal, father of former Deputy CM of Punjab Sukhbir Singh Badal, started his political career as Sarpanch of Lambi. He has been an MLA for 11 times, apart from this he has also been a member of the Lok Sabha. Badal has also been a Union Minister. However, this time Parkash Singh Badal was defeated in the Aam Aadmi Party’s storm.
Parkash Singh Badal became MLA for the first time in 1957 and then became CM for the first time in 1070. When Morari Desai was the Prime Minister at the Centre, he became a Union Minister. He was given the Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation. He also went to jail during the emergency. He is a recipient of the Panth Ratna Award. Badal has always been in favor of giving more powers to the states.
About Parkash Singh Badal
- Badal was the sarpanch of Lambi. After this he contested the assembly elections in the year 1957 and won.
- In 1969, Parkash Singh Badal was re-elected to the Legislative Assembly.
- He was the Minister of Community Development, Panchayati Raj, Punjab from 1969 to 1970.
- He was CM for the years 1970-71, 1977-80, 1997-2022, 2007 to 2017 (two terms).
- Parkash Singh Badal was the Leader of the Opposition in 1972, 1980 and 2002.
- Badal was an MP till Morarji Desai became the PM. He was made a minister at the Centre.
Edited By: Kamlesh Bhatt