Published: Friday, September 9, 2022, 17:29 [IST]
Srinagar: India and China announced yesterday that they will withdraw from the disputed Kogra-Hot Springs in Ladakh after an agreement was reached in the 16th phase of talks between the Indian and Chinese military forces held on July 17.
In this case, this was confirmed by Union External Affairs Ministry Spokesperson Arindam Bagshi today. Similarly, Arindam Bagshi said in the report that the infrastructures built by the army are also being removed and they are trying to continue the pre-tension situation in this area.
This information has also been confirmed by the Chinese Army.
Ooh.. 8 leopards coming to India from abroad.. Rabies vaccination for 1000 local dogs.
The beginning of the problem
On June 15, 2020, due to the clash that took place in the Kalwan valley area of the eastern Ladakh border, there was a lot of tension in the border areas of both the countries. It is said that 20 soldiers from the Indian side and 45 soldiers from the Chinese side died in this conflict. After this, Corps Commander-level talks were held on both sides to defuse the tension.
Meanwhile, China continued to build new military infrastructure such as helipads, bunkers, missile sites, roads and bridges along the 3,488 km Line of Actual Control (LAC) from Ladakh to Arunachal Pradesh. For the situation to be like this, the Indian side was constantly insisting that this issue should be resolved to improve the relationship between the two countries.
12th phase negotiation
Following this, the 12th round of talks held in Moldo bordering China for about 9 hours on August 6 last year became significant. With the agreement reached at the talks, it was agreed that both sides would withdraw their forces from Khogra, Hot Spring area. Accordingly they had to retreat. But not completely.
16th round of negotiations
Only a part of the regiment was withdrawn. Both sides felt that withdrawal of the remaining forces would permanently avert tension. This was followed by talks. But no decision was reached. Finally, on July 17, the 16th round of talks was held. India and China said in a joint statement that an amicable solution was reached between the two parties. Following this decision, Indian and Chinese forces in the Khogra-Hotsprings (PP-15) area have been withdrawn, the report said.
Now this report and the military operations have been confirmed by Union External Affairs Ministry Spokesperson Arindam Bagshi today. He further said, “Both sides have agreed that all temporary structures and related infrastructure constructed in the Khogra-Hotsprings area will be removed and mutually verified. There will be no unilateral action.” A press release from China’s Ministry of Defense also confirmed this information.
Now according to this notification both the soldiers are leaving certain areas. The exit process is said to be completed by next Monday. With both sides withdrawing, the pre-India-China tension in the Khogra-Hot Springs area is expected to continue.
Stay up-to-date with oneindia news throughout the day
You have already subscribed
Mark the date! Indo-Chinese forces withdrawing from the area at Kogra-Hot Springs in Ladakh
Story first published: Friday, September 9, 2022, 17:29 [IST]