New Delhi, Jagran Digital Desk, The head of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, the largest medical institute across the country including Delhi-NCR, will be announced on Friday, as the tenure of the current director Randeep Guleria is ending. According to the information received there, an agreement has been reached on the appointment of Dr. M. Srinivas as the new director of Delhi AIIMS. It is yet to be announced.
Who is Dr. M. Srinivas
Dr. M. Srinivas, Dean of ESI Hospital may be the new Director of AIIMS. It is being told that their names can be announced on Friday afternoon. The term of Dr. Randeep Guleria, Director of AIIMS, is being completed on Friday. Please inform that Dr. M. Srinivas was working in the Department of Pediatric Surgery of AIIMS, Delhi, who is currently posted at ESI Hospital Hyderabad on deputation.
Professor of the Department of Pediatrics is M. Srinivas
Let us tell you that Dr. M. Srinivas is the Professor of Pediatric Department of AIIMS itself. Presently on deputation he is serving as Dean at ESI Hospital Hyderabad. He is considered one of the specialist doctors of his country. Let us inform here that Dr. Randeep Guleria took over the post of Director of AIIMS Delhi on 28 March 2017. He has got two extensions to the post, which expires on Friday.
Dr. M. Srinivas came forward after leaving 32 doctors
It is worth noting that the post of Delhi AIIMS Director is considered very important, so special procedure is adopted for appointment to this post. Let us inform that for the last several months, 32 names were discussed for the post of director of AIIMS, but gradually it decreased. Now there is going to be a consensus on the name of M. Srinivas.
These eminent doctors were also in the race
- Rajesh Malhotra, Head of Orthopedic Department and Head of Trauma Center
- Neuroscience Center Head MVP Padma Shrivastava
- Nikhil Tandon, Head of Endocrinology Department
- Head of surgery Sunil Chamber
- AK Bishoi Professor of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- Forensic chief Sudhir Gupta
Four-member committee decided
It is being told that a four-member search-cum-selection committee was formed for the new director of AIIMS, which has decided to name the members of the committee, Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan, Biotechnology Department Secretary Rajesh S. Gokhale, K. Vijay Raghavan, Principal Scientific Adviser to the government and Yogesh Singh, Vice-Chancellor of Delhi University.
- On November 29, 2021, the Faculty Cell of AIIMS had released the advertisement for the recruitment of new director and the last date to apply was December 29.
- A total of 32 applications were confirmed. Among them, Balram Bhargava, Director General of the Indian Council of Medical Research was also named.
- The selected names were sent for final approval to the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet headed by the Prime Minister.
Edited By: JP Yadav