Amritsar3 hours ago
Due to Western Disturbance, the weather of Delhi turned very bad late night. Due to strong winds late night, 11 flights to land at Delhi airport were diverted. After which emergency landing of these flights had to be done in other cities. The weather cleared after around 2 pm and these flights left for Delhi again.
According to the information received, air traffic at Indira Gandhi International Airport was affected due to strong winds and rain in Delhi late on Thursday night. In which 9 domestic and 2 international flights had to be diverted. In which, apart from four flights in Amritsar, three flights in Jaipur, flights also had to be landed at Gwalior, Indore, Chennai, Ahmedabad airports.
These flights were diverted
- Indore – Delhi bound Indigo 6E2174 was diverted to Jaipur airport.
- Pune Delhi flight Air India AI850 landed at Gwalior airport.
- Kolkata Delhi Flight Indigo 6E6183 has landed at Indore Airport.
- Hong Kong Delhi International flight Cathay-Pacific CX 695 lands at Chennai airport.
- Mumbai Delhi flight Air India AI888 was landed at Ahmedabad airport.
- Bhubaneshwar Delhi flight Indigo 6E2207 has been landed at Amritsar airport.
- Rajkot Delhi Flight Air India AI404 landed at Jaipur Airport.
- Mumbai Delhi flight Vistara UK940 landed at Amritsar airport.
- Jharsuguda Delhi flight SpiceJet SG8362 landed at Jaipur airport.
- Bangalore Delhi flight Vistara UK818 landed at Amritsar airport.
- Flight Air India AI926 coming from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia to Delhi was landed at Amritsar Airport.
Tags: flights diverted Emergency landing Amritsar Jaipur Delhi Weather condition Western Disturbance Air Route Effect Flights divert Amritsar Jaipur