Suryakumar Yadav’s storm was seen in the Asia Cup match against Hong Kong on 31 August. Team India, who came to bat first, had a slow start, but Suryakumar Kumar Yadav scored 68 runs in just 26 balls and battered the opposing team. The real miracle happened when Surya single-handedly robbed 26 runs in the last over of the innings.
This is a record in T20 cricket, Suryakumar Yadav is now the highest run-scorer in the 20th over by the Indian batsman. He took four sixes and a double in this over, on the basis of this big over, India could touch the figure of 192.
Suryakumar Yadav made a record by scoring 26 runs in the last over. Earlier, the record for the highest run scorer for India in the 20th over was held by Deepak Chahar, who scored 19 runs. While Suryakumar Yadav has also scored 19 runs in the last over once.
Most runs in 20th over (Indian)
• Suryakumar Yadav: 26 runs vs Hong Kong (31 August 2022)
• Deepak Chahar: 19 runs vs New Zealand (12 November 2021)
• Rohit Sharma: 19 runs vs West Indies (6 November 2018)
• Suryakumar Yadav: 19 runs vs West Indies (20 February 2022)
Most runs (overall) in the 20th over
• David Miller vs Pakistan – 28 runs
• M. Samuels vs Bangladesh – 28 runs
• George Bailey vs England – 26 runs
• Aaron Finch vs New Zealand – 26 runs
• a. Hussain vs England – 26 runs
• Suryakumar Yadav vs Hong Kong – 26 runs
Suryakumar Yadav was seen in full color against Hong Kong. When Team India was in trouble, he came and scored 68 runs in just 26 balls. This included 6 fours, 6 sixes. Suryakumar Yadav created real havoc in the last over of the innings. When he scored 26 runs, it included 4 sixes and two runs. Suryakumar Yadav hit 3 consecutive sixes in the first three balls, it seemed that he was going for a six on every ball. But Hong Kong bowler Aaron Arshad put a bouncer and that dot ball came out. After that a six came on the fifth ball and then 2 runs came off the last ball.