In this article, we will tell you why ‘Ganpati Bappa Morya’ is chanted while worshiping Lord Ganesha.
Ganesha is considered the god of wisdom and prosperity. It is said that worshiping Lord Ganesha removes all the problems. While worshiping Ganesh ji, the chant of ‘Ganpati Bappa Morya next year tu early aa’ is chanted, which means O Countnayak, O Mangalkari Bappa (Father) come back early next time. But only a few people know why it is called so.
Let us tell you that there are two reasons behind this and if you want to know about both these reasons then definitely read this article.
Ganesh ji killed the demon
- First of all, let us tell you that behind the word Morya associated with the word Ganapati Bappa, the Mayureshwar form of Ganapati is believed to be. According to the legend, everyone was fed up with the tyranny of a demon named Sindhu. He was very powerful.
- Because of which all the gods and goddesses were looking for a way to escape from this form of her. All the gods and goddesses sought help from Ganapati ji to escape from that demon and asked to solve this problem.
- To kill the Indus demon, Lord Ganesha chose a peacock as his vehicle. Ganesh ji took the incarnation of six arms to kill the demon Sindhu.
- Because of this form and because of the use of the peacock vehicle, all the deities hailed Ganpati Bappa Morya. For this reason, even today, while worshiping Ganesh ji, all the devotees chant ‘Ganpati Bappa Morya’.
- You must have also seen that whenever Ganesha is immersed after Ganesh Chaturthi, ‘Ganpati Bappa Morya’ is chanted.
Also read: Ganesh Chaturthi 2022: Why Ganesha is made from clay?
Devotion of Morya Gosavi
- Let us tell you that there is another interesting story behind this, according to which about 600 years ago there was a Ganesh devotee named Morya Gosavi in Chinchwad village of Maharashtra.
- It is believed that Morya Gosavi was a part of Lord Ganesha. His father’s name was Vaman Bhatt and his mother’s name was Parvati Bai. Morya Gosavi’s parents were devotees of Ganesha.
- Pleased with his devotion, Ganesha gave him a boon. Which was related to the Mayureshwar temple of Maharashtra and a Ganesh devotee named Morya Gosavi.
- Let us tell you that since childhood, Morya Gosavi used to be absorbed in the devotion of Ganesh ji of Mayureshwar and he used to walk 95 km from Chinchwad on every Ganesh Chaturthi to visit Ganesh ji at Mayureshwar temple.
- From childhood till he lived for 117 years, he did the same on every Ganesh Chaturthi. But when he was of old age, it was difficult for him to reach Mayureshwar temple by traveling such a long distance.
- It is believed that Ganesh ji came in his dream and said that ‘now you don’t need to come till Mayureshwar temple’ and tomorrow morning when you take a bath and come out of the pool, you will find me with you’.
Also read: Ganesh Chaturthi 2022: Worship according to the zodiac, Ganpati Bappa will fulfill all the wishes
- You will be surprised to know that his dream came true. When Morya Swami was about to leave after taking a bath, he found the same small idol of Ganesha as he had seen in his dream. Then he established that idol in Chinchwad and after some time the fame of both the devotee and the Lord started spreading far and wide.
- People started cheering with Ganeshji by taking the name of his devotee. Because of this, devotees started calling Ganpati ji by the name of Ganpati Bappa Morya.
So this was the information related to Ganesh ji.
If you liked this story, then do share it. Stay connected with every life to read more such stories.
Image credit- unsplash
Did you like this article?
Your skin and body are different just like you. It is our endeavor to bring you accurate, safe and expertly verified information through our articles and social media handles but still consult your doctor before trying any home remedy, hack or fitness tip. For any feedback or complaints, contact us at [email protected]